Website Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the www.wearecress.com website (the “Service”) operated by Cress trading Uk Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service. By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these terms. If You apply to become a Registered User of the service you will be asked to click to “Accept” these Terms. If You refuse to do so, You will not be able to become a Registered User. Where You have refused to click to “Accept” but continue to use Our Website as a visitor Your continued use of Our Services will indicate acceptance of these Terms.
This website Cress is owned and operated by Cress trading Uk Ltd, a company established in England (company number 14524182) with its registered offices at 3rd Floor, 24 Lever St, Manchester M1 1DZ). Cress is a trading name of Cress trading Uk Ltd.
The contents of this Site are protected by copyright under the relevant intellectual property laws, including the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, associated EU law, international law and is owned by Cress trading Uk Ltd.
Definitions used in these terms
Buyer means anyone purchasing Items from a seller via the website.
Confirmation means our email confirmation to you have become a registered user.
Content means the adverts, data, details, images, information, messages, photographs, screen names, text and all other material posted by a seller or buyer on the Website.
Fee means a fee payable by the seller to Cress
Items means all goods offered for sale using our services.
Market Place means a convenient destination for visitors of the website to discover and registered users to buy and sell items.
Post means display, exhibit, publish, distribute, upload, transmit and/or disclose and the words “Posted” and “Posting” shall be interpreted accordingly.
Registered User means anyone who has signed up to have an account with Cress via the Website.
Seller means anyone selling Items for purchase via the Website.
Services means the provision of the market place provided by us through the website.
Cress, We, Us, Our means Cress trading Uk Ltd (trading as Cress), who operates and provides Services via the Website.
Website means www.wearecress.com
You/Your means the individual or entity using our services and may be a visitor, a Seller or a Buyer
You are encouraged to familiarise yourself with your rights contained within the Sale of Goods Act 1979, Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.If you wish to purchase any product or service made available through the Service (“Shop”), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including, without limitation, your credit/debit card number, the expiration date of your credit/debit card, your billing address, and your shipping information.You represent and warrant that: (i) you have the legal right to use any credit/debit card(s) or other payment method(s) in connection with any Purchase; and that (ii) the information you supply to us is true, correct and complete. You expressly agree that Cress trading Uk Ltd is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from the submission of false or inaccurate information.By submitting such information, you grant us the right to provide the information to third parties for purposes of facilitating the completion of Purchases.We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order at any time for certain reasons including but not limited to: product or service availability, errors in the description or price of the product or service, error in your order or other reasons. You expressly agree that Cress trading Uk Ltd cannot accept any liability for loss or damage arising out of such cancellation.We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if fraud or an unauthorised or illegal transaction is suspected.
The seller of the item(s) hereby appoints, on an exclusive basis, Cress trading Uk Ltd to provide it with the following services:
- Commission taken to customers is 20%.
- Cress allows customers to upload items for sale on its platform.
- Cress proceeds with an online check and ensures accuracy of the items.
- Cress has the right to refuse items based on condition, brands or trends.
- If items are sold, the customer is to pack them and ship them to each buyer within 14 days.
- The customer will receive payment of the amounts paid by each buyer for the items corresponding to the sale price set on the platform, onto which the commission due to Cress trading Uk Ltd will be deducted
- The Seller acknowledges that they have understood that, once the items are sold, the Seller may not retrieve them from Cress trading Uk Ltd.
Second Hand Clothing Survey: Terms and Conditions
UK 18+. Opens 19.05.23, closes 23:59 04.06.23. Max 1 entry p/person. Internet access required for entry. 1 winner randomly drawn will win £100 voucher for a supermarket of their choice. Promoter: Cress
Full terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy of these terms and conditions for your information.
- Promoter: Cress. Morhill LTD. 3rd Floor, 24 Lever St, Manchester, M1 1DZ.
- Eligibility: This prize promotion is open to all UK residents (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over, except for anyone directly connected with the planning or administration of the prize promotion including Cress employees, their agencies and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent and/or ‘step’ family).
- Promotional Period: The prize promotion opens on 19th May 2023 and closes at 23:59 on 4th June 2023
- Internet access is required. Participants are reminded to get the owner’s permission before using a computer, device and/or internet-access which is not owned or paid for by the entrant to enter the Promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for any internet or mobile connection, or other charges incurred in entering the Promotion.
- The entry instructions form part of the rules. By entering, you agree to accept and be bound by the rules.
- Complete the ‘Second Hand Clothing Survey’ questions via the Survey Monkey link by 23:59 on 4th June 2023
- Only 1 entry per person. If you enter more than once your first entry will be accepted and all others will be disqualified.
- Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries that are delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- No third party or bulk entries. Entries via third parties, consumer groups or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified. If it becomes apparent in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter that either a participant or household is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, fraudulently falsifying data; acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter; using identities other than their own; creating fake identities or using any other automated or manual means in order to increase that participant’s or a household’s entries or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these participants and their household will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void.
- Winner Selection:
- All entries received during the Promotional Period will be placed into a random prize draw conducted by a random number generator within 5 working days of the closing date.
- Prize Fund:
- There is 1 prize, consisting of a £100 voucher for a supermarket of the winner’s choosing
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated and the prize must be accepted by the named winner. Prize cannot be transferred to anyone else.
- The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
- Winner Notification:
The winner will be contacted via a response to their entry email by a trusted third party agency (Truth PR) on or before 10th June 2023 and will have 10 days to claim their prize. Please check your email inbox. If a winner does not respond within the initial 3 working days of notification, they will be contacted again via email and given a further 2 working days to respond. If contact cannot be made, or the prize is not claimed, within 10 days of the initial prize notification date, the prize will be redrawn and awarded to a new winner. Only a reply via email from the same email account that we notify will be accepted.
- Prize Delivery
- Prizes will be sent within 30 working days of acceptance.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide their correct, up-to-date details when confirming acceptance of the prize in order for their prize claim to be processed. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for the winner failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or receipt of their prize.
- Whilst the Promoter will take all reasonable steps to ensure that its obligations relating to meeting specific timeframes for prize fulfilment are met, the Promoter shall not be liable in any way for its inability to meet these timeframes resulting from an outbreak of Covid-19 either within its own business or with its third-party fulfilment provider.
- Should a national or local lockdown affect the Promoter’s ability to meet these deadlines, it will fulfil its obligations as soon as is reasonably possible after its and/or its third-party fulfilment providers resume business as usual.
Where we suspect that an individual has breached these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to verify the winner and ask for proof of photo/video ownership, identity, age and address and that they are the person associated with the winning notification.
12. The winners may be asked to take part in reasonable publicity relating to this prize draw without payment. Such publicity may include, without limitation, publishing the winner’s name and social media handle on Facebook, their entry and any statements made by them concerning the Promotion and the prize won as part of the Promotion on Cress’ other social media channels. This is not a condition of entry and winners can refuse to participate in publicity.
13 . Participants acknowledge that other participants may submit entries that may be similar to their own, and that they will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Promoter over such matters.
14. As part of the promotion, we collect the following personal data: username, for entrants, and also surname and county for the winner for the purpose of providing a winner list as indicated in point 16, and a delivery address for the purpose of prize fulfilment. These details are requested for administering the promotion only. To find out more about how we use and protect your personal data, as well as your privacy rights visit https://www.wearecress.com/privacy-policy/
- The surname and county of the winners will be made available to anyone who requests it by contacting Cress. Morhill LTD. 3rd Floor, 24 Lever St, Manchester, M1 1DZ within 1 month of the closing date. Participants may request their surname and county is not published in the event they win by contacting Cress. Morhill LTD. 3rd Floor, 24 Lever St, Manchester, M1 1DZ before the closing date. However, the Promoter shall provide the surname and county of the winners to competent authorities upon request from such competent authorities (including the Advertising Standards Authority).
- We reserve the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion for whatever reason, with no liability to any entrants or third parties if the failure to deliver our obligations is outside our reasonable control. However, if this happens, we will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.
17. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to winner notification or prize. The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies.
18. Entry into the Promotion is at the entrant’s sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered by entrants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the Promotion and/or accepting the prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person relating to or resulting from participation with this Promotion save that nothing in these terms and conditions shall act to limit or exclude the Promoter’s liability resulting from its negligence or fraud.
- The promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The application and interpretation of these terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute concerning them.
If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.